At Prime Fitness Clarksville, it is our priority to provide our clients with the knowledge and tools to achieve proper mechanics during a workout. We know that making the plunge to sign up for a personal training session can be intimidating! To help ease your fears, we’ve gathered the top questions prospective clients ask before jumping into their first session. Our personal trainers are certified professionals known for their ability to help their clients achieve their personal goals. If you have any other questions, please call us for additional information!
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of gym is Prime?
- Prime is a strength and conditioning facility (or gym) that offers small and large group training sessions. All of our training is evidence based and is designed to build muscle, burn fat, and help our members do the things they want to do in and out of the gym. Small group is one coach to a maximum of 6 participants and is where most of our lifting takes place. In a small group session you would see most standard strength movements (squats, presses, lunges, carries, etc.) and also some conditioning. Our large group training is more of a conditioning session where we do some lighter strength training, but because of the nature of the larger group per coach none of the lifts are very complex in nature.
How do I get started?
- The best way to get started at Prime is to schedule a free one-on-one Strategy Session with our Training Director. During a Strategy Session we would get to learn about your specific goals, your training history, and your motivation behind it all. Then we’d help put together the best plan to help you accomplish your goals! Another way to get started is to come in for a free training session. This is a great way to get a feel for what it’s like to train at Prime!
Do you have a free (low cost) trial?
- No, we no longer offer a short-term “trial”, but we’d love to have you try out a free session and meet with our Training Director to learn about all the options for training with us at Prime! Our memberships do not include any long term contracts and can be canceled or altered at any time.
How many times a week should I workout?
- For best results we recommend 3-5 strength training sessions/week. In addition to consistency in training, nutrition will play a key role in progress related to fat loss and muscle gain.
Do you have individual training/one-on-ones?
- Yes! The best way to get started with individual training is to schedule a Strategy Session with our Training Director. He will be able to direct you to the coach who will best fit your needs, goals, and schedule.
Can I still workout if I am injured or have joint pain?
- Absolutely. All of our strength coaches are qualified and experienced to ensure you move the workout in a way that is safe and effective for you as an individual. All of our movements include regressions or progressions to ensure you are coached to your fitness level. If you have significant injuries, our Rehabilitation Training may be the best start for you. A free strategy session with our training director will ensure you start in the right program for your needs and goals.