- What got you started with Prime Fitness?
Jeri Herring. She thought it would be a good fit and bugged me until I went.
- What’s your motivation?
Part of my motivation comes from a desire to keep myself moving. Another, large, part of it comes from the organization I did (in some ways still do) belong to. It would be a dishonor to them if I gave a half-hearted showing. NSDQ!
- What positive changes have you seen in yourself since starting at Prime Fitness?
More muscle has been put on. Some blubber has been taken off. Also, an important day-to-day routine has been re-established.
- What’s your biggest tip or piece of advice for someone who is just beginning their fitness journey?
Find a reliable motivation to get you started. Getting moving is the hardest part. Once you get moving it’s easier to stay moving.
- What is your favorite part of working out at Prime Fitness?
There’s the right amount of input from the instructors, interns and other clients. I don’t need a Drill Instructor screaming in my ear all the time but here there is always that element of “potentially somebody watching” that keeps me honest.
- What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
Shooting, hunting, fishing. I don’t get to do enough of it.
- What is one of your favorite things about yourself?
I like to think I’m honest with myself and I do not lie to anybody else.
- What was the first concert you ever went to?
The one and only concert was “Better Than Ezra”. Nashville in ’93?
- What is your favorite song from when you were a teenager that you still love to listen to?
A tie between “Baba O’Reilly” by The Who and “Sultans of Swing” by Dire Straits.
- If you could pick three famous people to be part of your entourage, who would you pick and why?
Benjamin Franklin for scientific, diplomatic and practical expertise. Samuel Clemens for wit and observational qualities. George Washington for self-awareness and self-control.