- What got you started with Prime Fitness, and what keeps you motivated?
I got started at Prime Fitness in December of 2018. My husband showed me the Prime Fitness website and said that I should check it out because I wasn’t making progress at my current gym. I would go regularly, but the only thing I knew how to do was walk on a treadmill and push around a few weights on a machine. I signed up just before Christmas and started seeing progress in just a few weeks because I had a coach to tell me what to do and how to do it.
Those first few months were not pretty as I hobbled, wobbled, huffed, and puffed through a workout, but the coaches and other Prime members kept me motivated. They still do.
- What positive changes have you seen in yourself since starting?
In the past year I have noticed that I have much more energy and better balance. I also feel healthy, which is different than the absence of sickness.
- What’s your biggest tip or piece of advice for someone who is just beginning their fitness journey?
I can’t really offer advice about starting a fitness journey because it is very personal endeavor. However, its being personal does not mean you should do it alone. Coaches and camaraderie have been very important to me. What works for me is that I show up consistently.
- What is your favorite part of working out at Prime Fitness?
The best part of Prime Fitness is the encouragement you get from other members. During the Prime Bingo game, I did the Jacob’s Ladder for the first time ever. It was a significant emotional experience for me!! When I finished, I was too drained to celebrate. KK stopped rowing and cheered for me when I wasn’t able to do it for myself. Other times, people will mention a positive change in me that maybe I hadn’t recognized in myself. That kind of stuff happens at Prime all the time.
- What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
In my free time, I like to play with my dog, Miki Pearl. So far, I can crawl through a tunnel and jump over a pole.
- What is one of your goals for 2020?
My fitness goal for 2020 is to get stronger and more flexible.
- What is something that people may not know about you?
One thing that people may not know about me is that I love to do Road Scholar (educational travel) with my dad.
- What is your favorite family tradition?
My favorite family traditions are blueberry muffins on Christmas morning and barbequed ribs for
- What is something that you want to do in the next year that you have never done before?
One thing that I have never done, but would like to try is to learn an organized sport. I have never played a sport. I don’t know how I’d go about finding some novices my own age. . . Really, I would have to learn the rules and fundamentals.
- What was the first concert you ever went to?
The first concert that I ever went to was Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.