- What got you started with Prime Fitness?
I had gained a lot of weight and was struggling to get it off. My doctor suggested to me to work out. I belong to Blue Fitness and have access to several gyms. This was not working. I would talk myself out of going daily. I saw an ad on Facebook and thought I would give it a try. I do not regret my decision.
- What’s your motivation?
I am motivated by my blood work and the people I work out with. I get nudges and motivation from the staff as well as others while working out. I like to be pushed; it makes me want to prove I can do it.
- What positive changes have you seen in yourself since starting?
My blood glucose levels are down and my A1C has gone from 8 to 6.8. I can do more and lift more also since I have been coming.
- What’s your biggest tip or piece of advice for someone who is just beginning their fitness journey?
To keep coming and try at least to do something. Prime Fitness staff are wonderful about adapting the workout to make you better. They also will keep challenging you to make better choices while working out.
- What is your favorite part of working out at Prime Fitness?
I like my 6 am group – both small and large groups. I love the challenges I get from my workout family.
- What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
I like to shop, hang out with my daughter and wife, and listen to books. I like to watch cooking contests on TV to help motivate me to cook.
- If you could have any song play every time you walked into a room, what would it be?
I have been asked this before and I like the Imperial March from Star Wars.
- What is something that you want to do in the next year that you have never done before?
I plan to go to Europe next year. I am Irish and Scottish as well is my wife and we are planning to go tour Europe.
- What is your favorite song from when you were a teenager that you still love to listen to?
I have so many to choose from, but I would say anything off the Purple Rain Album. My favorite is Baby I Am a Star. When I was a cheerleader in High School and college, we did dances to it. It brings back a lot of good memories.