- What got you started with Prime Fitness?
My mom’s begging skills which must I say were superb, and she convinced me to go try a workout at 5 AM and I loved it. And that experience kicked off my wonderful journey at Prime!
- What’s your motivation?
My motivation is mostly to look better, feel better. The classic “look good, feel good” feeling is what I aimed for and what I am achieving day by day. But also to my family. To make them proud, and me and my mom being each other’s emotional support through the dieting and gyms that are super tough!
- What positive changes have you seen in yourself since starting?
I can definitely tell that I can do more, and do things for longer periods of time, like being able to keep playing a game of flag football without having to take a break and chill out. Also I have noticed how much faster I have been getting (credit and thanks to Pat and his epic training sessions).
- What’s your biggest tip or piece of advice for someone who is just beginning their fitness journey?
My biggest piece of advice is… (well probably 3 biggest pieces)
– Something my mom told me a lot when I was ready to break, or quit was “How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time” and that stuck with me because I just took everything 1 step at a time, vs dreading what happened. Being in the moment, vs thinking about what is upcoming.
– Another thing my mom tells me. “If you can do 1% every single day, then by the end of the year you will be 365% better, which was super nice, because I then knew that even if I missed a workout, a walk around the neighborhood (or anything to keep me active) was good!!
-Something I learned when I first started. You don’t have to get right into the extreme workout that makes you sweat bullets, ease into it, find your groove, find what hurts so then the awesome team at Prime can help modify so then it doesn’t hurt. But you still get the same workout, just a different style!!
- What is your favorite part of working out at Prime Fitness?
My favorite part about working out at Prime, is definitely the extreme friendliness around. The coaches and trainers don’t just coach. They check on you and make sure you’re okay, but they also get to know you personally, which is so nice so then the conversations aren’t just super professional and serious, they are friendly and show you how to do the right form so then you can get a better workout! And everyone else in the gym is so friendly and supportive! Everyone says good job as they leave, and everyone enjoys the awesome shakes up front! So the place really gives off a friendly and happy vibe to everyone of all ages!
- What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
Some of my favorite things to do in my free time. Well one is probably icing joints and taking super nice showers and relaxing after a workout, but also I love cooking and finding new healthy recipes to try and make with my mom. Which 99% of the time is AMAZING!!! So cooking is super fun when I have the time to do it!
- What is one of your favorite things about yourself?
One of my favorite things about myself is probably my people skills. I feel like I get along well with everyone I encounter, and I enjoy being nice and kind to people. Because I enjoy making people happy. “Treat people how you want to be treated” is how I look at my encounters with other people.
- If you could have any song play every time you walked into a room, what would it be?
When I walk into a room, the song I would really enjoy to be playing is probably any Queen song ever, or any R&B from the 90’s, from Still DRE by dr Dre, or to O.P.P, I enjoy hype music and happy dance to music.
- What is your strangest/funniest talent?
I believe that I am an amazing dancer. I can bust a move on the dance floor when I need to, I really enjoy parties and dancing a lot, just free styling is my thing, and I really love it. And normally people don’t expect it, but I do impress when I show my moves!